Monday, March 2, 2009

Desires To Worship

I long to be a true worshiper for Jesus. I long for my heart to be in love with him; to be more like his. I long for that passion to flame and grow. I simply... want a heart of worship. I have been praying this for awhile, especially before coming to offer my heart in worship. It is an essential desire of my heart. When I pray this and surrender my heart to his love and presence I am developing a heart of worship for him. I want this so he can take my heart and use it to reach others for him. You might ask why does he grant me that longing I pray for. Well it is quite simple and I will share two verses that speak to me the answer of why.

Phillipians 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known unto God"

Psalm 37:4-5 "Delight thyself also in the lord; and he shall give thee the the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust in him; and he shall bring it to pass."

Those two verses speak to me personally that he will give me the desire of my heart to be a true worshiper for him. He will do this because he loves me and because as Psalm 37 says "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." How do you delight yourself in the Lord? Well you must put him first, that means spending time with him. Read his word, pray, and worship as a daily thing. You can't just ask God to give you the desires of your heart if he isn't the key desire already. Also God will fulfill this desire because I pray to him to do it, I let my request made known to him. Once you start encountering deep worship and feel his love in a tangible way you are never the same, you start to take shape what he has destined you to be....his love, his bride. Soon you will be lost in his love and if you don't feel his love on a daily basis the day seems lost.

One prayer I usually pray before worshiping him goes like this "Jesus take my heart, make it more like yours. I want more of you and less of me. Make my heart a heart of worship for you lord," it changes every time I pray it but it goes like that usually. I always do it because it is a ever constant desire to go deeper in worship of him. To know more of his love!

1 comment:

Phil Dyer said...

Hey Joe. I love your passion for the Lord! Its so cool that the Lord himself is the desire of your heart

Followers